Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The Lime - Pop-Top Replacement Part 3






Having some trouble posting lately, sorry for the delay. This is the pop-top conclusion. Basically I used the old support tube as a jig and drilled through the threaded rod. Next I cut a small section off the end of the old support tube to act as a bushing around the threaded rod. Next I installed the new strut into the old support bracket and put it back into the van.

Now I am happy to report I have full adjustability up and down. I don't have a picture, but I have added a second nut on each side so I can lock the nuts together at the required height. Overall I am very happy with the change. I have perfect tension now all the way around and I don't have to worry if the tent shrinks or stretches, I can easily make up the difference!!