Monday, March 06, 2006

SOLD! - 1974 VW THING




Up for grabs is this 1974 VW Thing! I purchased this vehicle last year and am forced to sell it now. The car runs and drives and only needs final prep, paint, and possibly a new convertible top ($250 from www.cip1.com) and it will be ready for the summer! Please contact me at 905-720-0738, bschmidt@repco.com or see this car listed in my Ebay listings at: http://search.ebay.ca/_W0QQsassZbradguy2

I purchased this vehicle from a retired autobody shop teacher. This car spent most of its life in his school shop awaiting repair. Most of the bodywork done was completed by him or his students under his instruction. A VHS video documenting the process is included with the sale. Before leaving his job he fabricated new panels for repair of the passenger side, which I completed yesterday. All repairs have been executed to the highest order - all steel with no bondo. In fact, from the back of the car to the front wheel wells is completely bondo free! The front clip has been massaged with bondo over the years and will need some attention, but the steel underneath seems solid and straight.

Lots of parts and high value items are included in this sale. Check out the New Old Stock (NOS) VW front fenders! These alone would sell for $400 each on Ebay! The side windows are rare to find in such good shape as originals. The lower windshield frame was purchased as a used replacement at a cost of $250US! Here's a list of everything included. If you don't see it, ask!!

-MAIN ROLLING BODY - PATCHED, WELDED, SOLID & COMPLETE
-SOLID REAR FENDERS
-NOS FRONT FENDERS
-SOLID FRONT AND REAR BUMPERS
-PERFECT REAR DECKLID
-SOLID FRONT HOOD
-PERFECT RUNNING 1600DP ENGINE WITH ALTERNATOR
-ALL HEAT DUCTS
-NOS FENDER BEADING
-SEAT BELTS
-ALL ODDS AND ENDS TO FINISH!

Please call me at 905-706-0729 (daytime) or 905-720-0738 (evening). Or, email me at bschmidt@repco.com to set up a time to view.

Like I said, I will consider all offers. I can deliver anywhere in Southern Ontario if my gas is covered.

You will not find a more solid VW Thing for sale in Ontario!

Please check out the next 2 posts for more details!